Next PSPA Book Club – Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 8-9 pm EST
Join us for our final book club of the school year on Sunday May 30th, 8–9 p.m. EST. The book choice is In The Woods (Dublin Murder Squad, Book 1) by Tana French. Please email us to learn more or to get on our mailing list!
- How does Rob’s experience In the Woods at the age of twelve affect his ability to function as a detective? Is it always a hindrance to him, or are there ways in which it improves and deepens his insights?
- Rob states that he both craves truth and tells lies. How reliable to you find him as a narrator? In what ways does the theme of truth and misrepresentation lie at the heart of In the Woods?
- Why is Rob the narrator? How would the story be different if Cassie narrated the events? Or Sam? Or even Rosalind? Or if it were a third person narrator?
- Cassie Maddox, Rob’s partner, is perhaps the most consistently appealing character in the novel. What are her most attractive qualities? What are the weaker points of her personality? Does Rob ever fully appreciate her?
- After sleeping together, Rob and Cassie cease to be friends. Why do you think the experience of physical intimacy is so damaging to their relationship? Are there other reasons why their friendship falls apart?
- Were you surprised by who killed Katy? Why do you think Rosalind really wanted her sister dead? Would it be possible to punish Rosalind? Will she do something like this again?
- What do you think happened to Jamie and Peter? Are you disappointed that crime was never solved? Do you think Rob has finally come to terms with the fact that his friends have disappeared, are probably dead, and he will never know who did it? Or will this always haunt him?
- What were your thoughts and emotions upon finishing In the Woods? If this book affected you differently from other mysteries you have read, why do you think this was true?
Sunday, March 28th, 2021 at 8:00 pm EST. Join us to discuss Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman. Please email us to learn more or to get on our mailing list!
PSPA Book Club – January 2021
Please join us in our first PSPA Book Club! We will be reading A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman. Meeting to discuss the book will be held on Sunday, January 10th, 2021 at 8-9pm EST. Grab a drink & drop in for a quick hello and meet other parents over an engaging discussion! Feel free to take a sneak peek at the discussion questions.
Please email us to learn more or to get on our mailing list!