Parents of Students of Phillips Academy (PSPA) is an active parent’s association at PA. Any current or former parent, alumni, and present or past faculty/staff is welcome to participate, regardless of geographic location. Participation strengthens ties to the Academy and allows participants to learn more about student life at Andover.
PSPA is a non-profit charitable organization with two primary goals:
- To enhance communication between parents and the Academy’s faculty and administration
- To raise money and organize events that support both PA students and the school.
The PSPA board, elected annually in March, serves for one year. Board meetings are held monthly and are followed by the general membership meetings, to which all parents are invited and encouraged to attend. These meetings are held on a Thursday evening when school is in session. Check out the Calendar for the meeting schedule. At general membership meetings, a guest speaker, usually a member of the faculty or administration, will discuss topics of interest, update parents on new initiatives being introduced in the classroom and answer any questions. This is a time to meet other parents, exchange ideas, and hear first-hand about student life at PA.
PSPA supports student activities on campus through fundraising. The three major fundraisers are 1) the Summer Opportunities Fair, held annually in late January/early February 2) PA Merchandise sales online and at campus events throughout the year 3) sales of the Senior DVD – a video of Graduation weekend events and Prom.
There are many different ways to be involved with PSPA.
- Attend monthly parent meetings — Check out the Calendar for this year’s schedule. All meetings are videotaped and posted within a week on PAnet, making them accessible to parents everywhere. Click here for instructions
- Attend a PSPA Board Meeting – Board meetings are held at 5:30 p.m. prior to each parent meeting on the 2nd floor of Paresky Commons. Parents are welcome to attend to learn more about PSPA activities and getting involved.
- Volunteer-There are volunteering opportunities during our merchandise sales and various events at the campus. Check out the Volunteer section and consider giving an hour or two of your time.
- Join the PSPA e-mail list -to receive notices of volunteer opportunities and other PSPA notices. Please note that all current parents (regardless of whether you’ve joined our mailing list) receive the invitations to our monthly meetings. However, only those who have joined our mailing list receive our other emails/notices.
- Join our Facebook Group – Send a request to join PSPA’s Facebook group, a closed group only for PA parents. Ask questions, participate in discussions with other parents, and receive notifications of events and volunteer opportunities.
PSPA looks forward to another successful and memorable year. Thank you for your support.